The Cisco Meraki Z-Series teleworker gateway is an enterprise class firewall, VPN gateway and router. Each model offers five gigabit ethernet ports and wireless for connectivity. Each model is designed to securely extend the power of Meraki cloud managed networking to employees, IT staff, and executives working from home.
Using Meraki’s proven and highly scalable Auto VPN technology, administrators can deploy network services including VoIP and remote endpoints with automatic, zero-touch provisioning. Additionally the Z series provides secure wired and wireless access, and increases end-user productivity through Layer 7 traffic shaping.
All models feature a high-performance stateful firewall, support for VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, and isolation to segregate corporate data from recreational traffic. The Z3 offers the latest in wireless performance with 802.11ac Wave 2 technology with MU-MIMO support to provide reliable and high speed network access for most demanding business applications and latest devices.
Z-Series and Meraki Cloud Management: A Powerful Combo
All Meraki devices are managed via the Meraki cloud, with an intuitive browser-based interface. Since the Z series is selfconfiguring and managed over the web, you can repidly deploy at remote locations without any assistance from end-users. Meraki Cloud services monitor all devices 24×7 and deliver realtime alerts if any device encounters a problem. Remote diagnostics tools enable real-time troubleshooting through any web browser. New features and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web, so you never have to manually download software updates or worry about missing security patches.
- 802.11ac Wave 2 WiFi for fast and reliable connectivity
- 4 wired ports with one PoE-powered port, ideal for phones
- 1 GbE WAN port, 4 GbE LAN ports
- 3G / 4G failover via USB modem
- Sleek, low profile design with optional desk stand
- Dual-band 802.11ac Wave 2 radios
- 2×2 MU-MIMO, up to 1.3 Gbps data rate
- Supports up to 4 SSIDs
Traffic shaping and application management
- Layer 7 application visibility and traffic shaping
- Application prioritization
Teleworker gateway services
- Stateful firewall separates corporate and personal traffic
- Extend VoIP phones over WAN
- 802.1x support for wired port authentication
- Auto VPN™ self-configuring site-to-site VPN
- Access corporate HQ via site-to-site VPN
Cloud-based centralized management
- Managed centrally over the Web
- Classifies applications, users and devices
- Zero-touch, self-provisioning deployments